Monday, August 25, 2008

School is a germy place

You would think a hospital is a germy place, but a school- let me tell you. All day I watch my kids put their pencils and crayons in their mouths, nose, behind their ears- wherever they can. All day I say "Do not put your pencils in your mouth or nose." but do they listen? No. They are 4 years old.
Then as they wipe their nose on their hands and then dig their hands into the crayon bucket I think to myself,"is there any way to sanitize crayons?"
And they get up to wash their hands pretty often during the day (with one squirt of soap and one paper towel) but right after they wash their hands they say, "I have to go potty." It is a useless cycle.
Peyton has gotten sick. Not saying it came from school but it did. She threw up twice today and doesn't want to eat and is very tired and had a fever at one point. I feel so helpless when she is sick and I just want to cry because I can't stop it.
Tomorrow is my first semi-field trip. The police, firemen, and ambulance services are coming to school for our lesson on Community Helpers. It should be very exciting. And stressful.
Well, more on that later. Here is a link to my school if anyone wants to see my classroom pictures.
Just go to www.peachtreeacademy.com, click on teacher pages. Go to the last page and click on Private Pre-K Newsletter. You should see it there.

1 comment:

The Cassidys said...

awww poor pey pey! i wish i could help her too! i'm not looking forward to when ethan is sick! i'm so glad to finally read a blog from you - it's been a while, but then again, i guess you don't have as much time as you once did! love you girl! (btw - we do not have a life on saturday night - we were watching the olympics)