Tuesday, August 12, 2008

5 Things I have learned in the last week

1. No matter how many times you tell a 4 year old to not make a mess while eating, they still make a mess on their hands, mouths, noses, eyes, hair, shirts, tables, chairs, and floor around them.
2. Being a teacher of any kind is a lot harder than people think and a lot more time goes into the preparation that anyone thinks. I mean, you have to get the summers off just to make up for all the time you spend at home during the school year making flashcards and checking homework and planning lessons.
3. It is really hard to tell a parent that their child has been bad that day even though all day you told that child that you were going to tell their mommy and daddy about their bad behavior.
4. I miss my Peyton every second of the day. I am so thankful and glad I got the 10 months at home with her that I did but I miss her so much. I don't even mind too much when she cries at night because it means I get to hold her close.
5. I also miss my hubby and my friends and getting to talk normally to adults and being able to say "Darn" or "shut up" if I want to.

Bonus: Preseason NFL football really means nothing to me because the star and best players either do not play or do not play to their fullest potential so when the season starts, we'll see about my Colts losing to anyone's inferior teams... :)

No comments: