Monday, July 28, 2008

Tired after vacation?

Well, we are back from the beach and I think we are all more tired than we were before. I now have about 4 loads of laundry to do, get my car washed, get groceries because we have none, go to the bank, pick up my mail. Why is there so much to do? And I am already tired. Although I think Peyton was as glad to get back in her bed as we were- she slept all night!

But we had the best time and Peyton especially loved it. We decided that with a baby, vacation is not really vacation because you are doing the same things you do at home, but just doing it somewhere different.

Peyton loved the beach and the water! Jamie would take her down to the surf and lift her everytime the waves were coming. He said she would yell at the waves when they were coming and then once they had passed, she would clap! She had the biggest smiles on her face!


Also, we discovered that instead of loading your arms up with chairs and sun tents and other unnecessary beach items, you will have a lot more fun with just a towel and an umbrella. And a bucket of fresh water to cool everyone off isn't a bad idea either.


It is a good thing we have a digital camera because we took 562 pictures while we were gone. A little overboard maybe, but hopefully a few great ones are in there. Here are a few I like:


















Also, check out Amanda Cassidy's blog for more details on our trip. She says she will outline it all, day by day! http://www.thecassidycrew.blogspot.com/.

In the end, we are back home. I am doing more laundry than normal and still have no groceries because I spent half of my afternoon in Toys R Us and Babies R Us looking for a jumperoo. Although I didn't find the jumperoo that I was looking for, I did find another great deal- Gerber 2packs were 10 for $10 and then I also got 10% off. And Peyton got more balls for her ball pit. I bought a bag of 250 balls that somehow only had 222 balls in it. I am debating whether or not to go back and complain. We'll see I guess.



No comments: