Today was a day I had been looking forward to all week because I was going to eat lunch at my favorite Japanese steakhouse with my friends and Peyton (who dined on Cheerios and Gerber star puffs.) It was everything I hoped it would be. The food was delicious and I so much enjoyed getting to talk to people for a whole hour! I enjoy staying home as much as anyone could but there sure isn't alot of two-way communication going on with Peyton during the day. Well, I take that back. There is a lot of mumbles, yells, lots of "na!" when her food isn't coming fast enough. But there are also lots of laughs, smiles, and kisses going around so it makes up for the lack of intelligent conversation.
I also got a great deal on our 2nd convertible car seat (Sorry Amanda) because I asked the Toys R Us people to use both a 15% and a $20 off coupon and they did! I was shocked because it said you couldn't but maybe with the economy the way it is, they decided they wanted to make the sale and make me happy so I would come back and browse all the clearance items! So it was a good deal and good deals make my day!
Speaking of good deals, Jamie told me about a contest at his work that ends tomorrow where they are raffling off a Wii and a laptop. The tickets are $1 each so I am going to go through my piggy banks and see how many tickets I can buy. I really want them both. I wonder if you can win two items...wish me luck on at least one.
That's it for today- still have lots of packing to do. Tomorrow you will see why it has taken me a week to pack.
No comments:
Post a Comment