I'm sure many people blog for many different reasons. The need to vent out their frustrations or celebrate their victories. The need for advice or to give it, whether people want it or not. I think many parents (when they find the time) blog so that they can share the wonder and joy of their children with friends and family, or even share the thoughts and joy with their children when they grow up. As I sat here tonight, i was thinking when do I have time to blog anything- I can barely get my housework done and spend time with Jamie and the kids and get my lesson plans written and read a good book that a friend let me borrow. But then I went back and read my last to blogs, and remembered how wonderful it felt to write them, and how reading about Peyton over two years ago brought tears to my eyes, and since no one has time to write milestones in baby books anymore, I might as well blog it and hopefully google will never go out of business and my blogs will be stored online forever so that when she gets older, she can read them and remember and know how much we loved her from the very beginning.
On to the reason for my blog. A new baby boy. Xander James Stewart was born Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center in Mooresville, NC. Weighing 8lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long, he brought tears to my eyes the minute I heard him cry. His birth was much different than Peyton's in that it was scheduled and I was prepared for the process. But unlike her, he cried immediately when they pulled him out. And so did I.
As I thought I was prepared for a second child, I find myself surprised at how different they are. Is it because he is a boy or because he is the second or because I am more relaxed with him than I was the first time? Who knows but this time around, Jamie and I are able to enjoy the experience without all the second guessing what to do that we had the first time.
Over the last 9 months, he has grown already into such a sweet, funny, handsome boy. Everyone we see comments on his bright blue eyes and chunky legs. He and Peyton look so similar now and especially when they were first born it may be hard later to distinguish them. Luckily for
them, digital photos will all be date stamped, as well as Facebook organized and there will be no question about it.
At 9 months old, here's where he stands:
21 lbs 8 oz and 28.25 inches long
Eating some solid food, like bananas, carrots, puffs, and other gerber baby foods like spaghetti.
Won't drink out of his cup but instead prefers to bang it on the table or throw it on the floor and then look at it
Sleeps all night like a champ- but not so much during the day, especially at school
Not crawling yet but thinking about it. Somehow he does manage to move, scoot, or shuffle his way places. Or barrel rolls across the floor. I guess I give him one for creativity.
Enjoys twirling his hands and feet when he is excited or wants to be picked up
Of course, he said "dada" first at around 6 months. I guess I just can't win.
Now he says dada, mama, baba, na
Loves his sister Peyton more than anything, that girl can get him laughing so hard he pees his pants. Oh wait, he does that anyway. It is amazing to see the bond that has already developed between them. I tell Peyton all the time that one day she will tell Xander to leave her alone and they won't be so happy together. She tells me, "mom, that will never happen."
Peyton is now 4 and 1/2. She attends preschool where I work (currently in my class actually.) She is such a good daughter and girl and I am so proud to be her mother every single day. She is so smart, beautiful, and kind to me, her family, and her friends. She will be an excellent role model for Xander, at least until the teenage years and then I hear the tables always turn.
She doesn't make the cutoff for kindergarten this year because she turns 5 in september so we have another year to wait. Currently she loves playdates with her friends and listening to, singing, and dancing to all Taylor Swift songs. We went to see her in concert last November and it was one of the best things we have done together.
Hopefully I will continue my blog more regularly than every two years. It feels so good to express feelings to someone who might actually listen, whoever you are.
More Fall Fun
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment