Monday, January 19, 2009

10 things I learned this week

1. Being a stay at home mom is great, unless you don't really get out of the house because it is either too cold or everyone else you know in your new town works so you have no one to go hang out with during the day which makes the day and the week go so slow!
2. Hopefully things you wish for can come true, like reuniting with old friends and it feels pretty much the same.
3. Finding a great deal on children's shoes makes your day. On Saturday, we were in Rock Hill and went to Rack Room shoes and got Peyton 3 pairs of shoes that were $2, $4, and $8. So exciting. The $8 ones light up and have Dora on them.
4. Playhouse Disney is a great channel and I think Handy Manny is one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. Sometimes even if Peyton isn't watching, I will leave it on for me.
5. Well, after being confined to the apartment for the most part of the last week because of the really cold weather, I wish more than anyone it would snow. If it was bad enough, then Jamie could stay home tomorrow. We will take Peyton sledding down this hill behind our apartment. We didn't bring our sled but we will either find one or use some everyday household item as a sled. It make me so happy to be able to go out and do something different with our day.
6. Peyton seems to be learning things at a rapid rate. I guess all of my one-on-one instruction is helping her. She is doing really well eating with the spoon, learning new words to say, following requests like "Bring me the wipes." or "Go find your shoes." I am so impressed. I guess I am one of those people who secretly thinks she is a genius.
7. I think Peyton has somehow decided on her own to be a vegetarian. Since she won't eat meat or eggs, my conclusion is that somehow Rebecca (from Atlanta) got a hold of her early on in life and brainwashed her. Just so you know Rebecca, I don't serve tofu in my house!
8. There is nothing like being closer to friends and family to make your life happier. I can't even explain how good it feels to see your parents for a day or know that it is a short trip to see friends. I am so glad we moved closer.
9. Although I am glad we moved here, I have gotten some emails from my former students' parents that make me miss them and wish I could pop in class and see them again. I really hope they are all doing okay.
10. Since I don't get to talk that much to people during the day (both because they are working and because my cell phone reception stinks in the apartment,) I enjoy blogging more and I plan to keep doing it. It at least gives me the feeling that I talked and shared with people today.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You caught me! I've been secretly plotting Peyton's vegetarian conversion for some time now. Soon comes phase 2 where Peyton will start sprinkling tofu in your mouths when you sleep. :) We miss you guys.

The Cassidys said...

i loved your 10! keep it up!