So I haven't done the majority of my Christmas shopping yet, but today we took Peyton to get her pictures made in her fancy Christmas dress. I went in (just to the Walmart Picture Me) because I had a $4.99 coupon for the package where you get plenty of pictures- all the same pose. I knew what I liked, what I wanted. After taking several cute shots and poses, the sales guy and I sat down at the computer to look and decide on what I would purchase. Jamie took Peyton around Walmart because she was bored so it was up to me. I knew I could just tell him what I wanted and didn't. Which is exactly what I tried to do. I don't want your $199 package. I don't want the $149 package. I don't want your $119 picture cd so I can go print my own. I don't like white vignettes around my pictures. When my child is wearing a black and ivory dress, don't put her on ugly brown shag carpet. Don't put a Santa Claus that is just as big as her in the picture- it's too much. 25-30 minutes we sat there. White vignettes on every picture (didn't I already tell him I didn't like those?) Obviously the enhancements is where they make the money- $10 just to click a button and make the photo black and white or sepia. Or to put a soft focus on the photo. He really annoyed me and I kept telling him, "My baby needs to eat so I need to be going." So $65 later, I got to leave the Walmart Picture Me Studio. I mean, I should have left my wallet at home and just gone in with the $6 I wanted to spend. Who isn't going to be wooed by beautiful pictures of their first child in a pretty dress at the holidays? I mean, its the worst kind of sales trickery I have ever seen.
But then later today, Peyton was in a good mood so we took some photos at home for free in a more casual winter outfit...enjoy!
So exciting!
After she dropped the bell ornament on the floor, she tried to tell us she didn't do it...

Laughing it up

Posing like the pretty girl she is
No comments:
Post a Comment